Toronto Jewish Kosher Daycare
Gan Yeladim is a kosher Jewish daycare centre provides quality licensed child care for children aged 18 months through 5 years.
The Centre operates Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM daily, twelve months a year, and closes early on Fridays for Shabbat in the winter months. It is also closed during all religious and statutory holidays.
Gan Yeladim provides a stimulating educational program in a traditional Jewish environment. To meet the pressing needs of working parents, Gan Yeladim combines a complete toddler, pre-school, and JK program with a challenging Jewish curriculum that emphasizes traditions, customs and mitzvot.
The children participate in an assortment of interesting, stimulating and enjoyable activities which enhance their physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth. It is our goal to nurture a positive sense of self-esteem and confidence in the children entrusted to our care.
Licensed by the Ontario Government under the Day Nurseries Act, the Centre offers full-day supervision of toddler and preschool children between the ages of 18 months and five years. Strictly kosher snacks and hot lunches are provided daily and are prepared on the premises by our own cook.
The Centre operates Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM daily, twelve months a year, and closes early on Fridays for Shabbat in the winter months. It is also closed during all religious and statutory holidays.
Statement of Principles
- Gan Yeladim will maintain a safe, sanitary environment and ensures that the physical well being of the children are met.
- Gan Yeladim will provide a safe, well-furnished setting with a variety of age-appropriate play materials.
- Gan Yeladim will provide a program rich in Jewish heritage and customs, and will endeavour to instill in the children a strong sense of Jewish identity.
- Gan Yeladim will provide nourishing snacks and a hot lunch daily, under kosher supervision.
- Gan Yeladim will encourage positive interactions between parents and Centre Staff to assure that:
– The needs of the children, families and Centre correspond.
– The policies and procedures as set out in the Parent Handbook are observed.
The Centre is licensed under the Day Nurseries Act by Ontario’s Ministry of Community and Social Services.
The Centre also maintains a “Purchase of Service Agreement” with Toronto Children’s Services that enables qualifying parents to apply for a day care fee subsidy.
To inquire about your eligibility, call (416)-392-5615.
Or for further information about subsidy, please visit http://www.toronto.ca/children/subsidy.htm