is a kosher Jewish daycare centre which provides quality licensed child care for children aged 18 months through 6 years.
The Centre operates Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM – 6:00 PM daily, twelve months a year, and closes early on Fridays for Shabbat in the winter months. It is also closed during all religious and statutory holidays.
Gan Yeladim Day Care Centre provides a stimulating, play based educational program in a traditional Jewish environment aligning with The Ministry of Education and Pedagogy curriculum. We use the following resources to ensure the high quality of our program: How Does Learning Happen?; Ontario Early Years Framework – Think, Feel, Act; as well as the Ontario Early Learning Framework. We believe that early learning is very important and that children are competent, capable and rich in potential. We believe that every child is unique and our teachers will foster each child’s individuality. Teachers will help to interpret children’s learning and exploration through weekly observation and documentation.
In meeting the pressing needs of working parents, Gan Yeladim Day Care Centre combines a complete toddler and pre-school program with a challenging Jewish curriculum emphasizing traditions, customs and mitzvot.
Licensed by the Ontario Government under the Child Care Early Years Act, the Centre offers full-day full time, full day part time, nursery program (half day) supervision of toddler and preschool children from 18 month to 4 years old as well as kindergarten before and after school care/ PA Days and school breaks for children ages 4-6 years old.
Strictly kosher snacks and hot lunches are provided daily.
Operating Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM daily, twelve months a year, the Centre closes early on Friday for Shabbat in the winter months and is also closed during all Religious and Statutory Holidays.
Program Statement Principles
- Gan Yeladim Day Care Centre promotes the health, safety, nutrition and well-being of the children
- Gan Yeladim Day Care Centre Supports positive and responsive interactions among the children, parents, child care providers and staff
- Gan Yeladim Day Care Centre will encourage the children to interact and communicate in a positive way and support their ability to self-regulate
- Gan Yeladim Day Care Centre will foster the children’s exploration, play and inquiry
- Provide child-initiated and adult supported experiences
- Plan for and create positive learning environments and experiences in which each child’s learning and development will be supported
- Incorporate indoor and outdoor play, as well as active play, rest and quiet time, into the day, and give consideration to the individual needs of the children receiving child care
- Foster the engagement of and ongoing communication with parents about the program and their children
- Involve local community partners and allow those partners to support the children, their families and staff
- Support staff, or others who interact with the children at a child care centre or home child care premises in relation to continuous professional learning
- Document and review the impact of the strategies set out in clauses (a) to (j)
The Centre maintains a “Purchase of Service Agreement” with Toronto Children’s Services that enables qualifying parents to apply for a day care fee subsidy.
To inquire about your eligibility, call (416)-392-5615.
Or for further information about subsidy, please visit http://www.toronto.ca/children/subsidy.htm